Chocolate Mint Brownies (vegan & gluten-free)

Your favorite healthy brownie recipes for the better! Chocolate Mint Chocolatey is solid, chocolate- & full of fresh mint flavor. Vegan & gluten-free!



To be honest, I've never been a mint + chocolate fanatic. Thin Mints are not mine (Trefoils all the way). A chocolate bar of mint protein has never been in my kitchen. Believe me, I like the two separately ... but together? Not too much.

Wait, just kidding. No longer. This chocolate mint chocolatey made me believe in all things mint + chocolate, and now I will never return.

I'm always very innocent in terms of taste. I admit, yes, plain vanilla is my favorite ice cream flavor. I know, I'm weird. I hated tomato sauce until I was a teenager; I used to only eat pasta with butter. I really don't like sauces or sauces that grow except soy sauce. Because who doesn't like the item?

P.S. Does anyone remember that green soy sauce? I don't even want to know what it is.

I like ordinary food and how it should be. I don't want cayenne pepper in my chocolate; no thanks, I just want it plain and chocolate-y. So, when it comes to mint + chocolate combos, I just want the chocolate myself. How do other people feel about combos?

I don't know what this newfound love means for mint + chocolate for my recipe creation (so many ideas!), but it certainly means I will make these brownies repeat in the future. Aka St. Weekend Weekend Patrick and every other weekend after that. IMPRESSED.

This super easy recipe is based on my Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Brownies recipe based on the very popular Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Bars recipe. So, consider this chocolate mint brownie as a new addition to healthy fam bars/brownies.



Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup pitted date
  • 3/4 cup almond butter (or peanut butter / selected seeds)
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 cup of non-milk milk
  • 1/2 cup oat flour *
  • 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoons peppermint extract, divided
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup of chocolate chips, divided
  • 1 14.5 ounces can of coconut milk full of fat, cooled in the refrigerator overnight
  • 1/2 tablespoon of coconut sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon of spirulina powder


Steps

  1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Brush a thin 8-inch x 8-inch pan or line with foil.
  2. In a medium bowl, place the dates; pour in enough hot water to cover. Let stand for 10 minutes. Drain the dates.
  3. In a food processor bowl or blender, add dates, almond butter, apple sauce, and non-milk milk. Process until combined properly, stopping to scrape the sides.
  4. Add oat flour, cocoa powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Process until evenly mixed.
  5. Stir 1/2 cup chocolate chips until all ingredients are mixed.
  6. Pour the mixture into the pan. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips (optional)
  7. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let the stems cool in the pan for 10 minutes; Place it in the refrigerator for faster cooling time.
  8. Take solid white cream from coconut milk; add to a medium bowl. Shake with an electric mixer or whisk until smooth. Add coconut sugar, spirulina powder, and extract 1/2 teaspoon peppermint. Beat until combined.
  9. Spoon the coconut cream over the brownies and spread evenly.
  10. In a small bowl, add the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chip. Warm it in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir; repeat until it melts. Drizzle chocolate over brownies.
  11. Slice and serve!

STEPS VIDEO Chocolate Mint Brownies (vegan & gluten-free)

0 komentar: